Furikake is a Japanese dried seasoning that is meant to be sprinkled over rice, fish, and vegetables. We love to sprinkle it on spam, eggs, and eat it straight out of the jar. It usually comes in a variety of flavors – the base is usually seaweed, salt, and sesame seeds (which is the one we use), but other varieties may have fish flakes or even dried eggs. This recipe is a super easy way to give slivered almonds a flavorful boost.
- 1/4 cup furikake seasoning (I prefer the ones WITHOUT fish flakes)
- Avocado or Olive Oli Spray
- 1 cup raw slivered almonds
- In a mixing bowl, spray the almonds with oil. Mix and spray until they are coated.
- Sprinkle the furikake over the almonds and mix.
- Preheat your air fryer to 375 degrees. Pour the slivered almonds onto a parchment paper lined crisping tray and place it into the air fryer.
- Watch the almonds and shake them after each minute to help them roast evenly.
- Cooking times will vary by air fryer, but take them out as they get golden. Let them cool completly before trying. They will harden as they cool.