These are an easy way to get your sweet fix without the sugar high or guilt. They have the texture of a soft gummy, firm jello, or soft fruit snack – whichever floats your boat to describe it. I keep mine in the fridge after I take them out of the mold so they continue to stay firm. You can use anything to flavor the gummies – I prefer to use the individual drink packets you can pick up at the Dollar Tree, Walgreens, or grocery store but if you want to keep it clean you could add electrolyte drink mixes or naturally sweetened water enhancers. I purchased my molds on Amazon.
You just need to remember these two tips: 1. Make sure the gelatin powder is completely dissolved in the water before pour the mixture into the molds and 2. You need to work quickly, do not try to pre-make the mixture and then save the pouring for another time.
- 1/2 cup boiling hot water (I actually just set my sink to the hottest water setting and use that)
- 2 envelopes of unflavored gelatin powder (I use Knox brand - you can find this at any grocery stir right next to the Jello)
- 1 individual serving packet of any sugar free drink powder (think Kool-aid. I have used Starburst, Skittles, Hawaiian Punch, Key Nutrients Electrolyte powders)
- Mix the gelatin powder with hot water until it's fully dissolved.
- Add the sugar free drink powder.
- Pour the liquid into silicon molds.
- Place the molds into the fridge for at least 20 minutes before removing them from the molds.
- Store them in an air tight container in the refrigerator for the best experience.