If you’ve never heard or had bacon jam before, prepare to have your mind blown. It is just as it sounds, a jam made from bacon except this one is sweet, salty, garlicky, and all the good stuff in one. The recipe itself is super simple but you need to bring patience and some time to kill because this one’s low and slow. Use bacon jam on burgers, eggs, as a spread, dip, or mixed with cream cheese. You could honestly just eat it with a spoon it’s so good.
- 1 cup finely diced onions
- 1/2 cup finely diced shallots
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/2 cup bacon crumbles - I like the Costco Kirkland brand.
- 1 tablespoon brown swerve sweetener
- 2 tablespoons sugar free maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Bae Blend's #garlicgoals
- Black Pepper
- On low heat, melt the butter and add the onions and shallots.
- Caramelize the onions until they are a light brown color.
- Add #garlicgoals, bacon crumbles, brown swerve, and maple syrup to the caramelized onions/shallots.
- Give it a good stir and remove from the heat once the onions caramelize to a deep brown color and are "jammy".
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge between uses.