This one is such a classic from my childhood and super easy to make. This recipe is courtesy of my mama Rose, who when I asked for the recipe, mind ninja’d me into feeling bad for not calling her 40 times a day, but I wouldn’t have it any other way 🥰This is a beef macaroni stir fry that is pretty common in many asian households. It’s also one of those refrigerator clean out meals that’s always satisfying.
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 pound sirloin, sliced
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, sliced
- macaroni shirataki noodles (follow instructions from bag on how to prep) or your macaroni noodles of choice (about 2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 1/2 tsp of sweetener
- Optional: 1/2 tsp fish sauce
- salt and crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- chopped scallions and cilantro
- cracked black peppercorns.
- Heat a non stick pan with oil and sauté the shallots and garlic until fragrant.
- Add the sliced sirloin and stir well.
- Add the diced tomatoes. Stir again. Add macaroni noodles (follow instructions from bag on how to prep).
- Add soy sauce (or coconut aminos) and sweetener. Optional: add fish sauce.
- Season with salt and crushed red pepper flakes to taste. Top with minced scallions, cilantro, and cracked black peppercorns.