The perfect sweet treat with campfire vibez. You are on your own for macros because there are so many variations for this recipe.
Disclaimer: there is maltitol in the marshmallows, maltitol does not cause discomfort for me or the people who eat my desserts so I am choosing to use them for this version. There are several sugar free marshmallow recipes you can find online with a simple google search if you want to avoid maltitol
- 1 package of sugar free marshmallows - I used La Nouba brand (it’s about a 10 large marshmallows)
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups of low carb cereal - I used 1 cup of High Key Frosted and 1/2 cup of Catalina Graham Cracker cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- At least 1/3 cup of sugar free chocolate chips - I used 1/2 cup
- Microwave one package of sugar free marshmallows - I used La Nouba brand (it’s about a 10 large marshmallows) with with 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter for 1 min and 30 seconds at 30 sec intervals (or until melted).
- Quickly mix in 1.5 cups of low carb cereal vanilla extract (I used @catalinacrunch graham cracker and High Key Frosted Cereal), the less cereal you use, the chewier/softer it will be, you want to be able to coat all the cereal with the marshmallow mixture).
- Let the mixture cool for a few minutes. Add the chocolate chips and mix.
- Pour the mixture onto parchment paper and flatten the mixture with another piece of parchment paper.
- Let the mixture firm up for at least 20 minutes and then cut into bite sized pieces. Store at room temperature in an airtight container.