This is my all-time favorite rib marinade for Vietnamese style ribs. Something to note about asian style ribs is they are not low and slow – they are rapid fire grilling so the meat will not be fall off the one – still delish though.
I used to eat these every weekend as a child while my parents and their friends would chill at the community park. Anyone else use those asian straw mats that were like 100 feet long??
- 1 rack of baby back ribs, cut into individual ribs
- For the marinade:
- 1/3 cup sweetener + 1 tablespoon (sugar, monk fruit sweetener, or brown swerve)
- 3 tablespoons oil of choice (I used shallot infused oil that I made from frying shallots and saved)
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons minced lemongrass
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- Mix the marinade ingredients thoroughly.
- Cover the ribs in the marinade and let it absorb the flavors for at least 15 minutes. The longer the more flavorful.
- Grill until golden and fully cooked, make sure you flip half way. OR if you don't have a grill, air fry at 400 degrees for 12 minutes each side.