This is one of my favorite dishes my mom makes and hits the spot every time. It’s great with toasted low carb bread or served over cauli rice or keto-friendly noodles. You could honestly serve this to carbies because the biggest swap is monfruit sweetener for sugar.
- 2 pounds of chicken, I used chicken wing pieces, this is also good with drumsticks or thighs.
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder
- 2 tablespoons of the red curry paste, we use Mae Ploy Brand (linked below)
- 1/2 cup frozen carrots and peas
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1-2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 4-5 Thai Chili Peppers
- 2 tablespoons sweetener (we use monkfruit sweetener)
- 4 bay leaves
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil, for cooking
- Heat the oil on medium high heat and add the garlic to the pan while the oil is still heating.
- Once the garlic is fragrant, add the chicken and curry powder. Brown the pieces (they do not need to be cooked all the way through yet).
- After about 5 minutes, add the red curry paste, coconut milk, water, fish sauce, thai peppers, peas/carrots, and sweetener.
- Continue cooking for another 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Five minutes before serving, add the bay leaves and salt/pepper to taste.